Saturday, September 14, 2013

Water color with ink refills - How to make little splatters


In the small side of my kitchen sink I soaked
half sheets of cardstock

I like to paint half sheets so that I have 
enough to make 2 cards with each piece

I wore plastic gloves
this time
because blue and purple ink stains skin


To get the little spalatters of color 
dip your brush into 2 colors at one time
then hit your brush on a butter knife, a wooden spoon 
or another brush


Here is a card I created with this paper



to get large bloches of color press your brush into the ink
and press it to the cardstock

add a bt more water with a spray bottle
and watch it blend together

red (pink) and blue make purple


while it is wet you can press another cardstock to it and pick up the colors


rinse your sink out and have fun creating with 
your new backgrounds when they are dry


was this helpful?
please leave a comment

3 comments:

Wanda. said...

SO pretty. I'm going to have to give that a try! TFS

Sandi said...

More than helpful -- awesome technique Sherrill. I have done many different techniques to make splatters before, but never this one -- thank you so much for sharing it is beautiful!!

WAGSTAMPS said...

Sherrill, I love your technique thanks for sharing.