Sunday, September 1, 2013

Truly Grateful for creative inspiration

It was Sunday Morning and I had extra time 
before Church

so I thought I'd play around 
and make some Thank You cards

here is what I did

The cardstock that I added ink to is vanilla
the mask I cut from the big shot is white
I also cut two leaves in white as well.




The next thing I did was stamp splatters using
versamark ink to create a resist


I added 3 colors of ink refills to my clear block as 
a pallet
and spread them around with daubers


I inked the grid stamp 
on the pallet
then pressed the cardstock and the pallet together


then I stamped the grid image
and added a few extra splatters 

I also used the daubers to ink 
around each leaf
one at a time. 


Before I could do the next step I trimmed 
the extra rubber off my wheat stamp.

The trim them as close as they can for us
but it's just not close enough for me.

(This way I don't get any of those annoying lines)


I stamped the wheat image
in more mustard
and in chocolate chip

and added the words and the wood image 
in chocolate chip as well.


the leaves turned out so pretty 
I had to create another card
just to use them


The frame in this next card is actually the 
mask I used to create all the cards.

The leaves were cut out of 
a card I messed up on.

My friend Shirley taught me to reuse all my mistakes
until I like the way they turn out.




It was nice to be able to give out 3 of these cards today
to people who have blessed our family with their service. 

I am truly grateful
for life and health
for family
for friends 
and for a 
fun hobby I enjoy.

I am also thankful for you
each time you visit my blog
and leave a nice comment

Have a blessed day!

*
These two cards were made the next morning while 
I was waiting for my family members to wake up.


side view below




No comments: