Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I believe I can pray for my family, friends, customers and fellow demonstrators


If our hearts are soft enough, 
we will feel 
a confirmation of truth.

images-1.jpeg
I teach a high school Bible class each morning at 6 am. I do believe in the Bible, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants and the Pear of Great Price as well as words from our Living Prophets as scripture. 
My scripture quotes may look something like this. 

Doctrine and Covenants 46: 13- 14
 To some it is given by the Holy Ghost  to know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and that he was crucified for the sins of the world.
To others it is given to believe on their words, that they also might have eternal life if they continue faithful.

and
Matthew 16: 15- 17
 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
 
I believe I can pray for my family, friends, customers, fellow demonstrators and when I do I believe I can be inspired to know how to serve them through impressions to my mind and heart.

One day I was planning to go to the bank and while stopped at a stop sign got this impression to turn instead and drive to a friends home. I did that. I got to the door and knocked. No one answered but I heard some faint screaming in the home. Because I knew her well I opened the door a little and said "Kris, it's Sherrill" She had 2 sets of doors so I went to the second door and opened it and said again "Kris, it's Sherrill" 
I felt prompted to go inside. 

I follow the cry's down the hallway to find my friend frantically trying to clean a wrap a wound on her daughters foot.  She was panicking and needed help.
I know this story has nothing to do with stamping but I believe God cares so much about us that he will send us to help another. 
I know many times I have been helped and I pray we will feel inspired to help each other in times of need.

No comments: