Thursday, March 31, 2011

Happy to be alive


Each day I wake up is a blessing. I'm so happy just to be able to LIVE and enjoy each day! I had a friend take me to the store "Savers" yesterday. it was my first time going there. It's a thrift shop where pants are $5 I also found a belt for $2 and a bra for $3. I was thrilled to find clean pressed clothes for so little. I had a milestone yesterday. I went to wear a pair of shorts to the gym and found out that they are way too big for me now. So I tied them up with a ribbon and wore them to the gym anyway. It was a blast showing my close friends how much room was in them :)
I think it also helped me work harder on the elliptical machine to have seen that kind of progress. That same friend pushes me to do more weight lifting and I can feel it paying off. What used to be hard is getting easier!!! YIPPEE!!

so thankful for my many blessings for a family who support me and friends who care for a belief that is keeping me hopeful even in the face of such a trial. Here's to praying we all have a wonderful day full of the little joys that make us smile

1 comment:

Jen said...

Beautiful projects...my prayers are with you during this difficult time. Following from SC#372