Saturday, August 29, 2009

How to make handpainted papers by Sherrill Graff and Shirley Munoz

How to make handpainted papers by Sherrill Graff and Shirley Munoz
it's so easy and a lot of FUN!
You need white cardstock, a stipple brush, stampin up ink refills Brilliant Blue and Taken with Teal, a extra plastic set stamp case, rubber gloves, and a spray bottle with water in it. I used an empty stampin mist bottle.
Step 1 place the cardstock into the stamp case
Step 2 Spray the cardstock with water until it is thoroughly wet on both sides.
Step 3 add a puddle of each ink color to the lid
Step 4 Touch the ink with your stipple brush and repeat until the entire paper has color on it.
Leave some white spaces and try not to over work the 2 colors so you can still see the difference between the blue and the teal.
Step 5 allow to dry completly
See the pretty papers
The papers can be stamped on while they are still a bit damp for a fun watercolor effect.

Please send your questions or comments to Sherrill and Shirley at istmpnv@aol.com 

This technique was printed in many scrapbook and stamping magazines over the years. 
Shirley and I have really had fun teaching our customers and fellow demonstrators this fun and easy technique. Thanks for visiting my blog today. We value your opinion. Please leave a comment to be entered into our FREE Stamp drawings. We have one each month.

12 comments:

Bluegrassstamper said...

Looks like lots of fun and a great way to have custom paper for projects. TFS.
--Veronica

Joyce Spear said...

I'm hoping to play with this technique this weekend! Can't wait!

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is just awesome- another fun way to use my reinkers, and have papers to match your project! Thanks for sharing.

Lucia said...

Sherrill: These look beautiful! I'm going to have to try this.

Lucia Kaiser
West Yarmouth, MA
www.scrappinalong.blogspot.com

Stampindragon said...

I love this, waiting to get my Irridescent paint to try it....may have to try with out and then compare the two. TFS!

Cynthia Ferenz
Fredericksburg, VA
www.stampindragon.blogspot.com

ellen s. said...

love how versatile the reinkers are!

rush8888 said...

making my own background papers looks like it took a new turn. thank you for sharing!

Sherry said...

You are so talented. Thanks for sharing with us!

Sherry

Rhonda Morgan said...

great way to use the reinkers and i love the stipple brushes, will have to share this with my customers.

Rhonda Morgan
www.rhondamorgan.typepad.com

Latenightstamper said...

Thanks for you comments! I am happy to share our directions with you.
That is what we do, share what we love. Shirley and I spent hours and hours creating beautiful papers and we still enjoy making them 10 years later! Enjoy!
For a fun aged look, try using watered down basic black ink from stampin up. Another fun paper is night of navy with a sprinkle of rock salt on it while it dries!!! It looks like a starry night.
Sherrill Graff istmpnv@aol.com

andrewrozon said...

Hi I'm fr4om Canada and I've been a SU Demonstrator for the past 3 years, I don't do classes, for me since i'm Not working anymore I do this for my own... I really really enjoy it. I saw your technic on "how to make handpainted paper" and I wanted to know if it was ok with you If I show your Blog to people who takes Scrapbooking (SU) technics with me? Thanks, Andreanne from Ontario, Canada!!

Latenightstamper said...

YES feel free to share my blog and ideas with your friends. That is what we do we SHARE what we love! thanks for visiting my blog today. Take Care